in bulletpoint format –
– (Spoiler alert!) We made it to Kyrgyzstan!
– We sent our passports back to the UK for Pakistan visas.
– What was only supposed to take a month took more than two, and Kierans application was denied.
– Getting the passports sent back out to us took longer than expected as well, causing us to overstay our Kyrgyzstan visa and get thrown in jail for three days.
– After our embassy stepped in and sorted things out, we were released and spent the next few days discussing what we were going to do about Kierans Pakistan visa.
– After talking with various agencies, it became clear that it wasn’t going to happen, and that Kieran simply could not do the walk through Pakistan.
– Because of everything that had happened and the time that had passed, Arjun could also no longer walk through China into Pakistan, because of restrictions on the Chinese visa and the mountain pass closing due to the weather.
As a result of all these factors (and a couple of others also out of our hands), Kieran has flown home to the UK. Arjun will continue solo.
Arjuns solo walk is taking him through what is easily one of the most dangerous parts of the world. Please continue to support him.
– Sorry for how brief this all is, it’s been a hell of a blow to us both.